I love learning about science. I love teaching science. I love it when students experience the “ah-ha” moment. I love it when students get so involved in an assignment or a project that they can’t stop talking about it. I hope to inspire a new generation of lifelong learners in this increasingly global community we live in.
I was born in Bangkok, Thailand. I attended middle school and high school in Anaheim, CA.
- B.S. in Animal Physiology and Neuroscience from the University of California, San Diego
- M.S. in Biological Chemistry from the University of California, Los Angeles where I studied early embryonic development in vertebrates.
- M.Ed. in Educational Technology, now the Department of Learning Design and Technology, at the University of Hawaii, Manoa. Please refer to my ePortfolio for my illustrative work from the M.Ed. program
I am credentialed to teach science in California and Hawaii. I have taught science formally and informally for the past 12+ years.
- Teaching assistant at UCLA
- Program Presenter at California Science Center
- Middle School Science Teacher at Milken Community High School
- Chemistry Teacher at McKinley High School
- Science Teacher at La Pietra
- Science Teacher at Global Online Academy (Medical Problem Solving and Global Health)
- Science Teacher at Punahou School
- Science Teacher at Iolani School
I am also a Google Certified Educator and Google for Education Certified Trainer
I have experience with Showbie, Google Sites, Moodle, Haiku LMS, and Canvas in maintaining an e-learning environment.
This reflective blog is intended for my ramblings (originally for ETEC 647e). For my e-Portfolio, please see http://nkceportfolio.weebly.com/